FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GRANITE FALLS
Est. 1890
 
The First Baptist Church of Granite Falls, NC was organized on the third Sunday of June 1890. Fifteen members met in a single-room frame structure, which was to serve as the first church building. This building was on North Main Street on a lot directly across from where the Granite Falls Middle School is now located.
 
 
In 1907-1908 a new brick church, located across the street from the present structure, was built mostly by members and friends. In March 1952, a groundbreaking ceremony was led by the Rev. C.R. Hinton for a new church building which was built at 12 Crestview Street. The church built the family life center next door to the sanctuary in 1996.
 
While many pastors have served FBCGF, most recently Pastor Bob Evans retired in 2016 after 42 years of service. After one year of searching for the next pastor, the church voted on November 12, 2017 to call Jay Worsley as the senior pastor. He began serving in that role on January 1, 2018.